The purpose of an Energy Management System (EnMS), compliant with ISO 50001, is to continually improve energy performance by the systematic and coordinated approach to energy management.
ISO 50001 certification is a route to compliance for those organisations qualifying for ESOS as long as the certification is valid on the next compliance date of 5 December 2019.
Around the world 3M have some sites certified to ISO 50001 and they produce 60% more energy savings than those not certified.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS ?
- Reduction consumption, cost, carbon
- Compliance(including ESOS)
- Competence demonstration
- Continuity & when key staff change roles
- Continual improvement
- Culture change in saving energy
STEPS TOWARDS CERTIFICATION
- EnMS Building
- EnMS Population
- EnMS Operation
- Certification (Stages 1 and 2)
The certification needs to be conducted by an accredited Certification Body to ISO 50003.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Our experienced team of accredited consultants can help
- Gap Assessment
- Building EnMS
- Helping bridge the gap to compliance in energy management practices
- Producing EnMS documentation and conducting EnMS internal audits
- Supporting Management Reviews
- Delivering ISO 50001/EnMS training
- Producing EnMS/energy competency awareness programmes